Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
2,159 Posts
It's been awhile, but in general:

The cable attaches to your gas pedal kind of like the way an e-brake cable attaches to the caliper. There is a little "thing" on the end of the cable, and you just have to use a screwdriver or needle nose or something to pop this little thing out of the slot that holds it to the pedal.

Where the cable passes through the firewall, there is a plastic clip that is VERY easy to break. You have to push inward (towards the center) with a flat tool like a flat head screwdriver on both sides, while pulling towards you (in the engine bay).

Disconnecting the cable from the throttle body should be pretty straight-forward, since you can see everything clearly in that area.

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
You will probably need a donor part, because I do not think they are made any more. You might be able to get a cable with the "in car" end made, and finish it after threading it through the sheath. A bicycle shop can probably make it. You may have to attach the TB end yourself to get the right length if you do not remove the whole cable from the car. If the end at the TB is the part that came off, you may be able to get the end from a bicycle shop, and crimp it on at home.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
You will probably need a donor part, because I do not think they are made any more. You might be able to get a cable with the "in car" end made, and finish it after threading it through the sheath. A bicycle shop can probably make it. You may have to attach the TB end yourself to get the right length if you do not remove the whole cable from the car. If the end at the TB is the part that came off, you may be able to get the end from a bicycle shop, and crimp it on at home.
Universal throttle cables can be bought if OP doesn't have an OEM replacement.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Anyone have a diagram or can tell me how to replace throttle valve on 95 impala ss
I'm confused. OP is asking about replacing the "throttle valve" yet the current replies are talking about a broken throttle cable?

What exactly are you trying to do? We can't read minds here, errr, at least I can't yet. Or maybe I'm just dumb and can't make sense of short vague questions without punctuation. So further explanation might be helpful. Do you want to replace the throttle body? Are you having trouble unhooking or unbolting the throttle body? Why do you want to replace it? More info please.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I'm confused. OP is asking about replacing the "throttle valve" yet the current replies are talking about a broken throttle cable?

What exactly are you trying to do? We can't read minds here, errr, at least I can't yet. Or maybe I'm just dumb and can't make sense of short vague questions without punctuation. So further explanation might be helpful. Do you want to replace the throttle body? Are you having trouble unhooking or unbolting the throttle body? Why do you want to replace it? More info please.
The title of the thread says "throttle cable", and I assumed that "valve" was just an autoincorrect.

I'm not sure where you got "broken" from.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The title of the thread says "throttle cable", and I assumed that "valve" was just an autoincorrect.

I'm not sure where you got "broken" from.
I was referring to "broken" from this reply:
You will probably need a donor part, because I do not think they are made any more. You might be able to get a cable with the "in car" end made
But that said, you are correct, this post could be referring to the cable (based on the subject) or the content of the post (which I read more literally than subject lines) referring to the throttle body. Autocorrect or not, I guess I was right about one thing... I'm too dumb to understand what the OP is asking. Oh well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was referring to "broken" from this reply: throttle valve was the work of autocorrection, but if you don’t understand the post keep it moving.

But that said, you are correct, this post could be referring to the cable (based on the subject) or the content of the post (which I read more literally than subject lines) referring to the throttle body. Autocorrect or not, I guess I was right about one thing... I'm too dumb to understand what the OP is asking. Oh well.
Anyone have a diagram or can tell me how to replace throttle valve on 95 impala ss
The question is for throttle cable autocorrection changed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts