Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shut my rc's in the door the other day while helping the kid next door trouble shoot his system. I plugged them into his amp and got his working, then plugged them back into mine to let him hear it and it worked fine. The next day I got in to go to work, and it's making a thumping sound like a heartbeat it's the same at any volume, the amp is going in and out of protect mode, and the subs are coming all the way out then all the way in. I bought new rc's and it didn't fix it, but I can plug the right or the left in the back of the head unit and just touch the other to the outside of the terminal and it sounds normal. I tried it on the front, rear, and sub outputs and they all do the same thing, head unit is a kdc x496, amp is a jbl bp1200.1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
428 Posts
mighta burnt something out inside the head unit itself. remote possibility though.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ran rc's from my friends head unit to my amp and it worked fine then I plugged mine back in and it was working again, for a couple days it would play for a few minutes then start the sound again, now it's playing fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts