Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have photos of the thunder racing line lock kit installed?
I have the kit but the included brake lines don't seem to line up properly and there are no photos with the instructions.
Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You're right. I had same problem. Their kit needs some tweeking to make it work.

I mounted mine just below the Cruise control and close to the access flap on wheel house.
I had to rebend the line they supplied at both of the bends.
It's a little rainy outside now, if you don't get pics I'll take some later.
Email me with your email.
Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much bending are we talking?
You still think the steep price was worth it or would you just get a line lock, tube and fittings next time?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the reason why I was going to offer a kit. Heck of a lot cheaper with Pictures and easier install. I've been waiting for some pricing on a wiring harness for awhile, not sure if it's going to happen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Assuming the kit hasn't changed, if you have the proper flaring tools and are confident in your capability you don't want to buy this kit.
Everything but the premade line is fine, it's just not worth the extra $.
Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the same problem. But just a little bending of the lines by hand made them fit fine.

And to answer Dwayne's question, FOR ME it was worth the price of the kit. Everything was included and I didn't have to spend a lot of time locating the proper flaring tool to rent or borrow and figuring it out myself. And I have the stock lines in storage in case I ever want to remove it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's why I wanted to make the kit for you guys
I do all the work and you put it in. Plus stock remains intact, so when you want to remove it, just one line gets moved back where it was, and Boom stock again..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry If my Engine bay is dirty. It still is dusty from the body shop. It's raining out and it's 10:30 pm. Pictures aren't great.

I had to do MINIMAL bending of the lines. They lined up really nice once I figured out how they were supposed to be routed. I would buy the Thunder racing kit AGAIN if I needed a second one.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1854664

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies.
I had my Buick power steering fluid reservoir mounted there so I had to move it aside a little bit.
Only minor rebending of the lines was required.
I ended up wiring it per the Hurst instructions instead of using the thunder racing harness so if just the prebent lines were available I would have bought them and the basic hurst roll control kit instead of the thunder racing kit.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/turboimpala/impala2.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/turboimpala/impala3.jpg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So Buffman, how much would this kit run? I did the Thunder Racing kit install with Razzor a few years ago, and the wife wants a line-lock to go with her T56 too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it would all depend on the cost of the said wiring harness, and what Solenoid I would end up using. Ideally I find nothing wrong with running the Hurst Style unit that summit sells for $40 less than the Hurst unit. I wanted to keep costs MAX at $150 or even less.

I mean if you just wanted a line lock and could care less about stuff they sell $35 line lock solenoids that you can patch in. The major cost in the kit is the wiring harness and the solenoid. Labor invloved isn't much, neither is the brake lines or the mounting bracket.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thunder Racing unit prolly only works with the Hurst style one. Not sure they offer just the lines and so forth.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well is anyone going to offer a kit for this I`m in if the price is right etc...
Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.