Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working via email with Carmen from Thundercat Electronixx to get us a group price on their sequential taillights.

Here's a link to them: http://www.foxthundercats.com/electronixx/index.html

The kit includes about everything you need, epoxy coated circuit board, instructions, 2 universal sockets, 2 1157 bulbs, and an electronic flasher module. The board also carries a lifetime warranty.

The price is $73 shipped. This works out to $15.00 off the regular price.

There is no minimum number of buyers.

Be sure to include a note with payment that this is for the Impala SS Forum Sequential Taillight group buy.

Send paypal payment to [email protected], or International Money Order to:
Carmen Burrows
32 Kipling Drive
Sackville, NS, Canada
B4C 2X9

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't believe so.. The only adjustment on the module is the sequence speed..

Mine should be here friday or monday.. I'll post some pics once it's in..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one of the kits. I like it. When you press the brake the lights sequence once. You can adjust the speed of the sequence and thats it. Easy install also. Dont have to go under the dash to wire up extra stuff. They look awsome with the 91 tails.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tell me if I ASSume right...

If you step on the brake the should only sequence once anyway, right? How else is someone gonna know youre stopping. BUT if you turn on your blinkers they should keep sequencing as long as your tun signal is on...correct or do they just blink like stock? Same with the hazards...to they keep sequencing or blink like stock??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by MexSS:
Tell me if I ASSume right...

If you step on the brake the should only sequence once anyway, right? How else is someone gonna know youre stopping. BUT if you turn on your blinkers they should keep sequencing as long as your tun signal is on...correct or do they just blink like stock? Same with the hazards...to they keep sequencing or blink like stock??
You are correct. They sequence once on the brake, they sequence as long as the blinker is on. It only does stock like brake and turn if you wired it wrong or one of your bulds have when out in the system. That helps you know if you have a bulb out some where if it goes to stock form. HTH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IS THIS THE BASIC KIT OR THE DELUXE KIT?DOES THE HAZARD FLASHER COME WITH IT?ARE YOU GETING THE BRAKES,SIGNALS,AND HAZARDS IN THIS KIT?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Few answers to a few questions..

Do I send now or wait for the order?

If you want to get in the deal, just send payment to the address in my first post and include a note that your part of the impalassforum.com group buy.

IS THIS THE BASIC KIT OR THE DELUXE KIT?DOES THE HAZARD FLASHER COME WITH IT?ARE YOU GETING THE BRAKES,SIGNALS,AND HAZARDS IN THIS KIT?

I got mine yesterday, I can verify it's the deluxe kit. It comes with the module, 2 universal 1157 sockets, 2 1157 bulbs, the electronic flasher (under dash)*, and a handfull of crimp connectors.

* Our cars have two flashers, one for the turn signals and one for the 4 ways. You need only replace the one for the signals. I guess the electronic version flashes at a more steady pattern regardless of what kind of bulbs your running.

would i be able to rig these up on a Roadmaster tailight set-up, will it work...

According to the vendor they should work on any vehicle with 3 tail light bulbs per side. They even work for the blue oval guys..

Don't think I missed any ?'s...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like your describing the deluxe kit and it is $79.99.

I didn't get a memo field when I paypaled them (I usually do). I'm going to try and send them an email. DAMNIT I was suppose to manually paypal and not go through their site.

Carmen refunded me the difference. Carmen does great business.

Thanks,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I got them installed today..

A pointer if I may..

When you enlarge the middle lamp holder, use a heat gun and something roughly the size of the bulb (handle of a large craftsman screwdriver worked well) to force the whole larger.. Much easier and cleaner then grinding.. Bend the ears on the universal sockets back a bit, and fit it into the still hot plastic. Secure with two screws. I went a step further and put some RTV around the hole to make a weather tight seal.

All in all the install took about 2 hrs. I extended the RH side wires so I could mount the module more out of the way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just sent my money via PAYPAL

scoob, thanks for setting this up and for the tips.

By the way, with what carrier do they ship? And how long was shipment?

Thanks in advance

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.