Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace my tierods on my wagon and wanted to get an opinion on if I should use factory or aftermarket. Is there a heavy duty version (9C1?) Thinking about MOOG since I already have the idler arm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey Jerry-
It's Steve w/ the 93 9c1 here in Alb. Anyway, I think everyone recommends the MOOG T Series which is there heavy duty version. I installed the PST Tie Rods and like them and they are suppose to be some kind of MOOG as well. If you need help installing them, let me know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wayne:
I'm curious as to whether mixing different manufacturers' parts on the same steering linkage can lead to bump steer problems. I've seen spacer kits sold to modify the height of tie rod ends to minimize bump steer. If even a fraction of a degree in tie rod angle makes a huge difference in toe in/out as the suspension travels up and down, how do we know that the dimensions will be the same as the GM design specs?

about bump steer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think Navy Lifer would be the one to ask for an informed opinion.

Honestly I've never thought about it. This is the first vehicle I've actually planned on going back with OEM steering parts. On every other vehicle I've owned, it's been replace a tierod here, a ball joint there..., and never run into ANY problems, even using what was cheapest.

If you are referring to the adjusters, which is the only steering part I am intending to "mix" in, that is a moot point, since all they are doing is connecting two pieces in a straight line, and the solid ones I listed do a better job of keeping everything where it's supposed to be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.