Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess you'd call it tightening the bumper...?

Anyway, when I press on the portion of the bumper that I circled in the first picture it moves in (towards the engine block) a considerable amount. There is also an audible squeak. When I looked underneath the car, I found that the bolt circled in the second picture is loose and seems like the only thing allowing movement of the bumper. My guess is there is a nut on the other end of the bolt by my problem is that I can't figure out how to get in there to tighten it.

Any and all help/suggestions/comments are welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
Take all the plastics off, Most are the Small size screw bolts with a washer., some are around the wheel well, some are under the bumper, one goes into the radiator support, 3 hold the corner air dam on.... Then you should be able to get access. The small bolt screw things like to break, so they could snap. If you get them all off, coat the threads with Anti-seize. I went through this disaster years ago, I bought a ton of nice Junk car screws and hardware to replace the broken rusted junk.

I think that bolt you are focusing on is one that holds the plastic on (10mm) Close by to it is a battery tray bolt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.