Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been reading Bill's brake post's for years and finally decided to contact him and get his recomendation based on my needs and budget.
And the HD12 kit was it,

HD12 brake rotor kit (slotted)

C5/C6 13” rear brake upgrade kit – (includes modified backing plates, new calipers & brackets, park brake components, OE pads, adapter components for B-body, and all fasteners)

KORE3 HD hub kit - billet dust caps

KORE3 13” rotors for rear upgrade – DBA 42991 SL/SR (slotted)

Caliper – remanufactured OE “wide body” for HD12 rotors

Pad kit – D614 for front calipers

Once the parts started rolling in, nothing left to do but load up my SS and head on over to the ATL.

I'll see if I can get Bill to post a few pics as he does work.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I'm also a satisfied customer of Bill's. I love the HD12s, brake fade is practically nonexistent on my fleetwood. And it's done some pretty aggressive stop and go here in NY. You're gonna be pleased, congrats.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Ive been reading Bill's brake post's for years and finally decided to contact him and get his recomendation based on my needs and budget.
And the HD12 kit was it,

HD12 brake rotor kit (slotted)

C5/C6 13” rear brake upgrade kit – (includes modified backing plates, new calipers & brackets, park brake components, OE pads, adapter components for B-body, and all fasteners)

KORE3 HD hub kit - billet dust caps

KORE3 13” rotors for rear upgrade – DBA 42991 SL/SR (slotted)

Caliper – remanufactured OE “wide body” for HD12 rotors

Pad kit – D614 for front calipers

...I'll see if I can get Bill to post a few pics as he does work.
:D
The Road Warrior was cool, but your SS is sooooo clean and I'm really glad two quality enthusiasts got to meet for your upgrade. Peace, love and chicken grease brother...

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Subscribed....

The parts you selected are very similar to what I would like to do. Curious to see updates and how well this turns out for you.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
^^^same ones I put on years ago.

I bought them from Hans who has a B-body he terrorized the autoban with. Before the crash there was a video of him doing something like 160ish on the autoban, Back then (before ebay/paypal) he was on the forum and got them for me. I just sent him a personal check, IIRC, to Germany and he shipped them before even receiveing the check. I think I paid $125 US

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The shop I chose to do the work was Detroit Muscle in Woodstock GA. And I couldn’t be more pleased with not only the quality of the parts (thanks Navy). But also with the installers, Arron the shop's owner did a great job in not only taking care of my car, but he’s attention to detail was second to none.

Without question, I’d take my car back there again.

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Brakes look Great....I'm jealous.:)

Let us know how they perform.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Cleeaan!!!! That looks like the maximum amount of brake u can fit in the stock wheels. Should be an autocross burner now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.