Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys the time has come to put a new heart in the beast. I need some recommendations computer controlled or not I don't know . I don't want to spend a fortune . I hope I get your input .

Ps.350hp- 450hp:D

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Thats pretty vague, Why do you think you need a new motor? How many miles on current one?
Could just get a 383 or 396 shortblock, and put AI or LE heads on it with their cam and all the other supporting mods...

You need to be more specific

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have around 150000 on it and it just does not have the grunt it used to so I figured instead of screwing around with this I would take the plunge and not put good money after bad

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Here it comes..............

Wait for it.....

Here it comes........

How do you plan to use the car? Is that power level at the wheel or the crank? What is your budget? Judging by the VERY vague question, I would say you need to do a ton of research.

But, to answer your question, stuff an LS9 in there witha six speed auto. I would like to see that. Little over your HP goal but what the hell.

EDIT: DOH! Dustan beat me to the punch.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I have around 150000 on it and it just does not have the grunt it used to so I figured instead of screwing around with this I would take the plunge and not put good money after bad
First off, you need to find out why it does not have said "grunt". Also, how are you measureing the "grunt"? Having those kinds of miles in and of it's self is no big deal. Nail down the issue you are currently having, then worry about upgrades.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
9C1, hit it perfectly.
What maintance has been done? is it all stock? hell even dirty air filter or partially clogged muffler will take away plenty "grunt" or whatever you want to call it.
There are plenty guys with 175k on their stock motors and do very very well at the track...

Screw it, just toss a 175 Zex nitrous setup on there....yep that should do it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts