Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to do a body drop on the wagon . i decided to do so because all the suspension is shot anyway(shocks ,springs etc...) post your opinions if you have done either "bags" or "hydros". which do u like better??

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've done and like both.
My wagon rides the same on bags as my 65 SS did on juice.
I'm going with juice on my 62.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you actually doing a body drop? or just lowering the suspension? I only ask since it said "i decided to do this since the suspension is shot anyways" and that dosent really matter on a body drop.

I perfer bags, less juice and less batteries, but more crazy stuff can be done on juice.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crispix: i'm just undecided on what i should do , i've been through this before with my ss , first i put hotchkis lowering springs. i was happy with the drop but unhappy when i would scrap the whole front end on everybodys driveway including mine every time i put the car away.so the springs had to go ,i got sick of scraping so now i have a choice when to scrape the floor, im very happy with the hydros , its not that bad the batteries are hooked to a street charger that keeps the batteries nice and charged all the time . instead of making the same mistake i'm going straight for the floor but i think i'm going to just bag it .
JIMMER818 : did you have to cut any thing to get the wagon to touch the floor ? i'm riding stock chromee ss wheels on the wagon now but it is definitly gonna see some dubs in the future. any tips?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crispix396 : No body drop yet. :D
SSTUNNER96 : Cut fender wells, notched above axle, and no more sway bar
20's are the same height and width as my stock 17's, I haven’t tried my 22's yet.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol yeh, to get it to touch the ground u have to do a little harmless cutting ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ta2 that wagon is sick looks awesome, i love it cant wait to see it done, good luck, any body else do something like this??????

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has there ever been a b-body that has had a stock floor body drop?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my only issues with a stock floor body drop is the clearance of the stuff under the floor as is. There are parts of the floor that barely leave floor for the muffler. This is not a full sized chevy with the 6" frame, our frames are already short.

you could channel it... but really, i think that puts you back in the same perdicament. i think it will only work on ours if we do a full body drop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts