Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Time to renew your ISSCA Membership for 2012

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  1phastss 
#1 ·

Greetings Fellow ISSCA Member,

We are sending you this note to remind you that your membership for ISSCA is up for renewal. We hope you are planning to renew with as us we continue to grow in 2012. We are very proud of what we have accomplished in the new ISSCA, and we wanted to share with you a few of the accomplishments achieved last year for your club:

- ISSCA, with local host club MISSL, put on a highly successful Nationals event in Detroit. It was the first full blown Nationals since St. Louis in 2008 and the first for the new ISSCA staff. We had the full range of events including a Car Show, Sound-Off competition, Road Racing at Waterford Hills, Drag Racing at Milan Dragway, Autocross, and the Best of ISSCA award won by Jose Hernandez of GRAIL. MISSL also did an amazing job and received rave reviews by hosting a picnic/cruise event during the legendary Woodward Dream Cruise.

- New car stickers and membership cards. The club invested in a card printer to provide high quality membership cards.

- Overhauled our process to send out your membership packet to improve the turn around time between when you register and received your membership card and sticker.

- Paid the bills. For the first time in many years, the club is not losing money. We managed your club finances in a way we are able to put on a National event where revenues covered expenses. This is a big deal as it will allow us to grow as a club.

- Hosted a donation for long time ISSCA member, ISSCA photographer, and Impala community legend Chino Barreto who passed away suddenly last year.

- Produced several copies of the e-SScene, on on-line magazine devoted to our cars and community.

As an extra incentive we will be holding a raffle to pick a random ISSCA member to win a FREE TUNE from PCM For Less. This is a $175 value donated by Impala tuner Bryan Herter! To enter, just make sure you renew your ISSCA 2012 membership by February 28th 2012. So don’t delay, re-up with ISSCA today!

This year, due to popular demand, we are going back to Detroit and the Dream Cruise for the 2012 ISSCA Nationals from August 14th – 18th. 2012 schedule of events is below. You, the members, provided overwhelmingly positive feedback on the location and the events and by all accounts a good time was had by all. Add in the amazing job MISSL did with the picnic/cruise at the Woodward Dream Cruise (which was so good it could have been its own standalone event) and the 2011 Nationals were a home run. MISSL is again graciously hosting the 2012 Nationals with their usual fantastic local support. ISSCA learned a lot last year and by listening to you and making minor adjustments we promise the 2012 event will be even better!

ISSCA 2012 Nationals Schedule (subject to change):

Tuesday, Aug. 14
Check-in and Registration

Wednesday, Aug. 15
9am to 3pm Car Show at Metro Beach, Clinton Township, MI

Thursday, Aug. 16
10am to 5pm Road Racing at Waterford Hills Raceway, Waterford, MI

Friday, Aug. 17
Autocross and Drag Racing at Milan Dragway, Milan, MI

Saturday, Aug. 18
Woodward Dream Cruise hosted by MISSL, Pontiac, MI

Metro Beach is a beautiful facility for a car show and will also provide great photo opportunities down near the water. Waterford Hills road course is a world class facility where car magazines such as Road and Track use for testing. Milan Dragway is an NHRA sanctioned track and another world class facility. And the Woodward Dream Cruise is the icing on the cake. 40,000 hot rods and 1 million spectators cruising the legendary Woodward Avenue plus a great BBQ/Cruise event for ISSCA members. Start planning your vacations now - we hope to see you there!

Among other new things planned for 2012 is that ISSCA is exploring how we can help with regional Impala events organized by clubs who are ISSCA Chartered Clubs. As we slowly build up some financial stability we are looking to get involved at the local levels if at all possible. We are also looking for future locations to hold Nationals. If your local club has a venue and a plan, please contact us to discuss. Also, it would be great to have some type of ISSCA supported event on the West Coast!

Remember, the bottom line is we do all of this for one simple reason: We are car guys in love with our Impala SS’s, Caprices, 9C1’s, Cadillac’s, and RoadMasters. We do this in our spare time. There is no paid staff. It is purely out of love for the cars and the wonderful community. Your dues go directly to operating expenses of the club.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. We genuinely hope you renew your membership in YOUR club for 2012. We encourage you to get involved as a volunteer. If you have a few hours a month in the evenings to help us plan and if you have access to the internet then we want you on-board! Remember this is your club! If you have any questions or suggestions to make your club better or want to volunteer please contact Ed or Bill or you can respond to this note.

Respectfully, Your Officers and Directors,
President
Ed Bowser - Ed@issca.org
Vice President
Bill DeBlasio – Bill@issca.org
Treasurer
Pat Whalen – Pat@issca.org
Secretary & e-SScene Editor
Ken Rogers – Ken@issca.org

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't forget to sign up now to be eligible for the free tune from PCMForLess!

#3 ·
Re-upped today! $30 well spent I hope!

#4 ·
ISSCA Raffle for PCMForLess tune

I will be completing the membership roster this weekend for folks who signed up and paid through Feb 29. Will then do drawing based on your ISSCA member number. So stay tuned for the winner of a free tune from PCMFor Less to be announced Sunday evening.

Thanks to all the folks who registered and hope to see you in Detroit this year!

Pat
ISSCA Treasurer

#8 · (Edited)
I for got my issca number:confused: Is there a certain link to renew or do I just register all over again?? I did receive card,stickers and a welcome note last year big thanks!!!

*****EDIT******* Found number just renewed,thanks again!!!

johner.......

#11 ·
Im a new member. Once I pay the $30 on paypal how soon before I get my ISSCA ID card, window decals, ect in the mail? I might be moving out of state for work by the end of the month. I don't trust the mail if I forward my mailing address and was wondering if I should just wait unless I get it quick (a week or two) I want to order now. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.