Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Okay on a 1994 9c1 5.7 the timing gears are they chain driven and if soo , How many miles are they good for, And Is there any upgrade for this,... Also if the chain which I think it is and not a belt, if it skips a tooth or so will it damged the valves etc. or just jump the timing/won``t start etc.etc.???
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
they are pretty strong on an LT1 and not generaly considered a problem area, unlike the ones on DOHC motors which strech like a woman giving birth.
too graphic?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is a chain. If you have 200K on it I might consider worrying about it, otherwise don't unless you are in there already then a new stock replacement is fine. There is an LT4 and an LT4 Extreme Duty which are supposed to both be "upgrades" but I think I have heard of more ED sets snapping than stock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys....
Damn this forum ROCKS, And I know what forums are like , These questions HAve all that I have been asking Been asked probaly Millions of the times before, Thanks for the answers once again, For this Newbie when it comes to the 5.7 pkg...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.