Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my problem solver and want to put it on but I wanted to find out if there was any tricks to doing this. I saw in some posts (after doing a search) about a C-clamp. Whats that for? Any help is appreciated.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When you say "problem solver".... do you mean a new idler arm? Moog calls a lot of their products the problem solver.

If that is what you mean... it's not too bad of a job really. Just be as carefull as you are removing the arm from the other suspension components... do that first, before you unbolt it from the frame.
The new one goes on easy.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I guess I should have said that but I got the idler arm on the car except I'm having trouble tightening it to the center link the bolt or stud (whatever it is) keeps turning. I have an idea to make it work but I'd like an experienced answer.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use a large pair of Channel-Locks to squeeze the center link to the idler arm, but a C-clamp could work also. Just squeeze down to tighten up the stud to the center link and the nut will tighten. Could take the help of another person, though.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Terry McManmon:
I use a large pair of Channel-Locks to squeeze the center link to the idler arm
Same here...and then if you have an impact you can get it tight enough to torque that way.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a similar idea about how to do it but I was thinking of vise grips. Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts