Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car's gotta go thru this winter again...Im looking at 9c1 wheels...I was thinking firestone winterforces sizes 215/75-15 or 225/70-15. They are only gonna be used for like 3 to 4 months a year...Will 215/75-15 will fit right on the 9c1 wheels?Also im looking in just putting the ss wheels in the front and 9c1 wheels in the rear to help for traction. Good idea or what??

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I always put winter tires all the way around. I would rather turn and stop than be able to take off.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Those Tire Sizes will work on 15" 9c1 Rims

Save your stock 17" impala ss rims and tires for summer driving.

The car's gotta go thru this winter again.
Im looking at 9c1 wheels.
I was thinking firestone winterforces sizes 215/75-15 or 225/70-15.
Go with 15" steel 9c1 rims at all 4 wheels for winter driving.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Been running bfg radial ta's 235-70-15's all the way around for years. Live(d) in NYC and now in eastern PA in the town of Easton . We do get the snow and as long as it doesn't ice up I can get around just fine. Wheter you get the winterforces is up to you.

I do have a set (4) 9c1 rims Without the center caps for sale if your interested. Can shoot some photos of them and send them to your email if your interested.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Been running bfg radial ta's 235-70-15's all the way around for years.
Interesting, my experience is the opposite. Over the years I have been caught a couple of times in the first snowfall with the same radial t/a's and couldn't wait to swap to the winter tires. The BFGs were a lot worse in snow (but much better in the summer) than the all seasons the previous owners had on the cars.
I expect that I drive on more snow covered roads than you experience though.
I won't do winter without 4 snow tires anymore. 2 of our mom-mobiles have been 4x4s and they ran winter tires too. Lately I have been happy running Toyo Observe G02, and they seem to wear well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.