Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new tires on my wagon. Since i can't buy white wall tires in Europe anymore, i have to order them from the USA. That means shipping will cost a lot. My question would be, which one to choose. Since shipping cost so much and i want a good tire, the pricetag is no issue, as long as they they have to come with the white stripe. The ones i have now are 225/75-15, but i read somewhere, that wagons came with 235's??

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
You don't state your year, but at least in 94 it was 225/75 for the wagons and 235/70 for the sedans. I think this applied to later years also. Personally 235/70 looks and handles better and will easily fit. About the only current model modern whitewall left in 235/70-15 is the Hankook here from Discount Tire Direct:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...c=11337&counter=1&ar=70&rd=15&sw=false&cs=235

You better order fast because I understand its days are limited. Good tire at a good price. You might inquire about Hankook in Europe first - maybe they can get it or special order which could be less than shipping from USA - but don't count on that. 225/75 and 235/75 in whitewall will be the next items on the hit list. Good luck - nice to know that these cars are loved everywhere.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, those tires with the white stripes seem not to be on demand anymore. I found out abut this, when i tried to get them for my buick park avenue a year ago. The stock 15" wheel with a blackwall tire looks just plain silly imo.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Let us know what you get and the cost.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'll look around for you in the Netherlands, i think they are still around from Goodyear. I need new front tires for my 93 wagon to. (235 / 75 R15)

·
Registered
11,473 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Fred, i stand corrected. I have the 225 / 75 R15 ( in stead of the 235 stated earlier) The good news for Graboid is that i can still get the tires. (however, it takes 6 weeks. they're on back order) costs are around 100 euro's (125$) including tax.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the answers. Since my wagon sits a bit low, and i am already having some rubbing issues, i decided to go with the dimension of 225/75-15. I already ordered a set of Mastercraft Tires at summitracing. Of course shipping costs as much as the tires itself.......

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
That looks really good like that. What did you do to get it to sit that way?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Belltech 2" drop-spindles and springs 2,75". Tight cornering causes some rubbing, but nothing really bad. I never had a car without rubbing issues. it's a good indicator for having the right stance :)

Attachments

·
Registered
892 Posts
Thanks for the answers. Since my wagon sits a bit low, and i am already having some rubbing issues, i decided to go with the dimension of 225/75-15. I already ordered a set of Mastercraft Tires at summitracing. Of course shipping costs as much as the tires itself.......
that's a 28.3" tire... I think it looks really good and better than 27" tire like 255/50/17.

235/70/15 is a 28" tire.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
778 Posts
I soooo want to drop my wagon now. That looks so good, and it's not obnoxious like bags or anything. Just simple, clean, and sexy. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
you can get black walls and have the white wall cut into them, when i bought my wagon it had 4 mis-matched tires with identical white walls that the dealer had cut.

·
Registered
205 Posts
@stills,
no market for it. Only US cars drive with white walls in Europe and there are not that many of these around

·
Registered
778 Posts
On a related note: Pep Boys by me in Jacksonville has these tires that are $52 each. Cornell 1000's. Quick googling tells me they're made by Bridgestone/Firestone.

Anybody know anything else about them? I'm pretty much looking for as cheap as possible in stock size.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts