Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some GOOD RATED 255/50/17 tires to buy for some Kentucky weather......

Thanks Booker

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Pretty happy with the Kumho Ecsta SPTs. They were on the car when I got it, but have seen some nasty rain on the road with em. Excellent dry traction also.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Pretty happy with the Kumho Ecsta SPTs. They were on the car when I got it, but have seen some nasty rain on the road with em. Excellent dry traction also.
+1 on those. I have had my car since new and have gone through too many sets of tires to count. I got the Kumhos only because at the time, they were the only all season tire in a 255-50-17 that was z rated. They are wearing real good, actually were decent in some snow last year, quiet and have nice ride. No complaints.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what about some nitto nt 450, nitto invo or nitto 555?????

·
Registered
365 Posts
I had the nitto 450's on like ten years ago. I am sure the ones now are different, but the 450's I had were aweful- they ran narrower than BFG and they had **** for traction.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
What are some GOOD RATED 255/50/17 tires to buy for some Kentucky weather.......
Having had the Kumho SPT's in the past (excellent summer tire, BTW), I'd put my all-weather tire money on Kumho ASX's.

When the temps get below 45 degrees, the ASX's are far superior to the SPT's on wet and dry pavment.

They'll also last about 20K miles longer than the SPT's.

Just $.02 from someone who've had both.

KW

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very happy with the Invos.. I have them on my vette as well, they hook very well too and ride quiet.. I will buy them again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.