Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I've rolled 225/75R15 Dayton (slightly narrower but about the same diameter) before and they were pretty cheap and available with a whitewall.

The car I've most recently bought has 235/75R15 on them (same width but slightly taller), but I forget what brand they are so I'll have to look in the morning. Decent tires as far as I can tell. I plan to wear them out and put some snow tires on the stock rims for this particular car. :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
I get my 235-70-15s at PepBoys. They usually stock a Hankook and a Definity EX600 made by Cooper.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
But how many have whitewalls? ;)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Raised white letters on Indy 500s look pretty sweet (from Tire Rack), but it is not a "whitewall"

:thumbsdown: My white '94 FW had Indy 500s on it when I bought it. They were promptly changed out for some whitewalls, and thrown far, far away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TIRE RACK list 24 different tires in size 235/70-15.
none of them are Whitewalls, and most are light truck tires, I looked at tirerack, kind of pissed michlin quit making tires in this size, been told on another forum to go to 235-75-15, lots of choices in that size

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Indy 500s...BLECH!!!

After whitewalls, Hotchkis lowering springs. :)

Damn, I miss this car... :(

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I've rolled 225/75R15 Dayton (slightly narrower but about the same diameter) before and they were pretty cheap and available with a whitewall.

The car I've most recently bought has 235/75R15 on them (same width but slightly taller), but I forget what brand they are so I'll have to look in the morning. Decent tires as far as I can tell. I plan to wear them out and put some snow tires on the stock rims for this particular car. :)
none of them are Whitewalls, and most are light truck tires, I looked at tirerack, kind of pissed michlin quit making tires in this size, been told on another forum to go to 235-75-15, lots of choices in that size
;) ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
The 2 PepBoys choices I posted are both WhiteWalls. I'm running the Definity EX600s on mine.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The tires on my taupe Caddy are Guardsman. IDK where they came from as I acquired the vehicle with the tires already on it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Vogues! They look great wear well and are quiet

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Vogues! They look great wear well and are quiet
I love the look of Vogues, but after owning them was less than impressed with the way they handle in the rain....Like scary bad. :(

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
17" Vogues on my old white one. :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
:thumbsdown: My white '94 FW had Indy 500s on it when I bought it. They were promptly changed out for some whitewalls, and thrown far, far away.
there ya go, different strokes for different folks! good luck with the WWs

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Makes my brain hurt. Tall skinny tires with white stripes on them. cwm3

1 - 20 of 45 Posts