Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ive got a buddy willin to GIVE me some used 225/55/17 tires for some burnoff/ race tires tires... should i take them and get some 17 inch steelies (around $50 each) to mount them on and burn em off or just walk away from the deal and not lose any $$$ on buying rims for them? opinions please

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by chevy94ss:
....should i take them and get some 17 inch steelies (around $50 each) to mount them on and burn em ....
Look at it this way:

After you burn off the free tires, You'll be left with $100 (for 2) or $200 (for 4) worth of steelies that you'll probably never use again. And are they tires getting mounted on the wheels for free?

The real question here is.....
"is the enjoyment of burning off the old tires worth the $$$$ you'll spend to buy the wheels and mount the tires".

That's for YOU to answer.......not us

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by chevy94ss:
hey guys ive got a buddy willin to GIVE me some used 225/55/17 tires for some burnoff/ race tires tires... should i take them and get some 17 inch steelies (around $50 each) to mount them on and burn em off or just walk away from the deal and not lose any $$$ on buying rims for them? opinions please
What kind? How much tread? I might give ya a few bucks for em, depending..

Thats the size I'm planning on running with the new rims..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tire mounting is for free here at work and i might (50% chance) use the steel rims again for slicks on another car of mine....i guess ill just flip a coin or ask my gf (which will say no) thanks any way guys for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.