Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
why can't you do that to your SS? If you look under double din in the forum search you will see a few people here have done it. There are a few nice ones too.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by 1-CLN-SS:
Yes you can
]
Thats pretty darn ugly man. Why would you cut up your dash like that?

Youre in luck, I have a ugly ol caprice thats tore up. I guess I could get you a new dash and take this off your hands for a couple hundred. I dont normally do people favors like this, but since you are trying to have a clean SS, I will help you out this one time.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it done to my ss as well, I don't think there is a double din that can't fit.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by k gee™:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 1-CLN-SS:
Yes you can
]
Thats pretty darn ugly man. Why would you cut up your dash like that?

Youre in luck, I have a ugly ol caprice thats tore up. I guess I could get you a new dash and take this off your hands for a couple hundred. I dont normally do people favors like this, but since you are trying to have a clean SS, I will help you out this one time.
</font>[/QUOTE]I can't be leave I am hearing the hating that I am hearing. But any how here is a link to what My double din install look like it was done by Hack.

http://impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=000132

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like it. I think it looks good.

I plan to do something similar to mine in the near future (too many irons in the fire).

IMO it's all a matter of what the Impala owner is looking for. For me a 1 1/2 or double din works best.

I can then have the capability to play DVDs, Cd,s navigation etc... Works for me.

Others, perhpas K-Gee will opt for the more basic look or different set up. I wouldn't call that ugly. I'd call it... something that you like and I respect.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! Really????

You guys couldn't pick up on the obvious sarcasm?

Why would I diss the look, then offer to buy it for cheap....duh! Cmon guys.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What exactly are you selling? The head unit or the car? Head unit right?

I decided to go with an Eclipse head unit. Those things are really good and really pricey but what the heck. I like the fact that these have built in navigation with traffic alert, a seperate cd and dvd drive, etc. I'm sold on the many features.

Either way, I've got too many irons in the fire. The next step is to get the headers on so that I can check that off and move on to the next project.

You should have no problem selling the unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts