Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well my happy as a kid in a candy store just got a little unhappier.

I have one to four new squeaking noises under my car now that I have semi-completed my recent mods.

I had the PST SuperFront End kit installed with Hotchkis springs in the front & Bilsten shocks. The car dropped 1 1/4" up front. I am doing the rearend myself in a couple of weeks, but until then what do I do about the squeaks & will upgrading the rear help it?

I was cruSSin the hood last night at like 10-15mph with the windows down & all I could hear was this squeaking & everyone walking on the street would turn & look & I'm like this sounds terrible

Lookin for advice. Does this mean I have to replace the body mounts? I'm just guessing

Thanks,
Stretch

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you changed bushings in the front and now you have more squeaks, then doing work on the rear will probably not help.
I suspect your new bushings are the culprit.
Try spraying them with a lubricant, one at a time, this way you may find it's just one or two bushings that need lubed.
Could be the spring isolators too, not so easy to spray though.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks FMJSS,

I took the SS back to the guy who installed my front end items. He test drove it & greased the left upper control arm bushing & it went away. :D

I am now as happy as a kid in a candy store again :cool:

Stretch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts