Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just bought the moog problem solver tie rod ends, Im wondering since I dont have a pickle fork is there another way (safe) to remove it?? Thanks guys

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can go to autozone and borrow tools with a deposit. You get your money back when you bring back the tool. I did that when I replaced the suspension in my truck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can vouch for this method. My GF's dad showed me this trick when I did my balljoints. Just back the nut off and smack the knuckle on the side with a 3lb sledge (may take a few smacks) and the tie rod will literally fall out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hit it with the hammer for sure. Works for me every time. This method works great for when you don't want to replace the parts too, like on a spring install.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hit it with the hammer for sure. Works for me every time. This method works great for when you don't want to replace the parts too, like on a spring install.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now on a slightly different note, does anyone have a good, foolproof method for taking apart ball joints (upper or lower) WITHOUT using a pickle fork/destroying the grease boots? That's why mine were shot. I had opened up my front end at least twice, trying different springs, and the boots took a pounding. Yeah I know about the LCA bushing version of that job but let's assume that isn't an option. When I did my ball joints recently, I DID need a pickle fork to separate the stud from the knuckle, in spite of pounding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.