Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone who's running this system tell me if the LS3 PCM fits into the factory LT1 PCM mounting bracket and if the factory airbox will also still work. Looking to possibly do this conversion in the near future and want to make sure of everything I need to be aware of so I dont have any hidden surprises.

Registered
On the B/D-bodies, not exactly, no. On F-bodies yes because that car continued into the LSx era and can just swap in the later bracket. Y-bodies I'm not actually sure. For our cars, it will sit in the tray, but it's not really secured by anything and I can't say for sure if the stock air box fits correctly (although I may have that info in an old email from the guy that makes these). I had already deleted my air box by the time I installed mine. And I've asked the guy about it and while he's aware of it, he doesn't feel that it's a big concern and hasn't pursued a solution. There are probably any number of ways you could approach it, but what I did was buy a stock PCM bracket from a later s10/blazer/(maybe trailblazer) that used either the 411 or a similar sized PCM and modified it to fit. The PCM will snap right into it with good retention, and then I modified it with a dremel until I got it to fit snugly into the stock lower bracket. Seems to work well and looks fine, but due to other issues I haven't really driven the car much so ymmv. I can post some pics of what I used and how I installed it if you want.

Premium Member
can't speak for the stock airbox but with mine I flipped the PCM upside down then secured it with zip ties. I have a Spectre cold air intake that sits above it, the PCM is snug and not going anywhere

Registered
I'm using a PCM holder from I believe an S-10 to hold down my PCM in the original location. I tried to find my notes to verify that but its been a whole laptop ago since I did the swap.

-Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts