Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
94’ Impala SS
500 Posts
Torqhead experience: Yes I do.
Pros
Very simple install; if you want plug and play simplicity, this is the only option.
IMO: quality system
Abolutely yes; great for tuning beyond the capabilities of the stock computer.

Cons
Expensive

I love my Torqhead, and it was the only choice for me.
However, if you’re comfortable with a little wiring, you can consider the EFI Connection 24X system too.

Automotive tire Window Automotive design Motor vehicle Gas

· Premium Member
94’ Impala SS
500 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.... im definitely going TH ... as far as wiring..NOOOO THANK YOU...lol... simplicity for 2023... I want only plug and play.. more time behind the wheel,,less wrenching..
I certainly understand the importance of simplifying, and driving more. My car took 20 years to get back on the road.

On my car, I am running a centrifugal supercharger, and I wanted a local tuner to work with (to get it safe and “right”). With no local tuners, I was forced to move to a standalone EFI system, or an LS PCM. With East Coast Supercharging near me, and them tuning so many supercharged LS cars, it made sense to move to Torqhead.
I am very happy with my Torqhead, a I highly recommend it!

· Super Moderator
4,636 Posts
The Torqhead system is extremely well engineered and is especially good for boost, which the LT1 PCM was never designed to handle.

One caveat on tuners: If they have not tuned an SBC/LT1, they need to know that the combustion chambers are not as efficient and require more advance than LS engines to run best.

· Registered
897 Posts
I found out they were only a few hours away from me so I messaged them and setup our club meet at their shop meet in May, put a face to the name for the club and hopefully get a walk through on their shop, product plans etc for the future. and maybe discount 😳

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate

It is an expensive kit so unless you are modifying or planning to modify your LT1 I would only go down that route.

But seeing that you are modified and having issues and if this solves the headaches then totally worth it.

· Premium Member
1995 Roadmaster Sedan
169 Posts
Yo
Yeah I'm definitely modified... the TH is the last step b4 having to go LS or Big Block 454... I was trying to avoid that just because I love the originality of the LT1 in the SS ....
You will enjoy the Torquehead kit. I have “The Works” kit. Installation was a breeze thanks to the well put together instructions. 2 reasons I bought it for was to delete the the optispark and being able to tune it with HPTUNERS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts