Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I've been having this issue for awhile, but the car has been on the backburner. When I turn at low speed the car dies, but only when it is up to operating temp then it runs fine when it cools. Also when at cruising speed it feels like the TC is locking and unlocking all the time.Does this sound like a TC? I already ordered a new one, and if its a tranny issue I want to do both at once

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump! No one has any advise?

·
Super Moderator
8,894 Posts
the low speed stalling issue is separate from the other issue. I think there's a power steering input switch that tells the PCM to bump the idle speed a bit; maybe that's failed?

As for the TC, you need to datalog the car first or have somebody monitor the PCM while you're driving to see if the PCM is commanding the lock and unlock. My wagon does that and it's the PCM, not the transmission. I think I've got an intermittent fault in one of the signals feeding the PCM.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I will get some datalogs, I just don't know how to post them
Is there a way of checking that sensor other than unpluging it and looking for change?

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
I had some small tranny leaks (never dripped on the ground) and would get the lock unlock every few months. Just add half a quart of ATF and all was well.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just wanted to add that after it died it is extremely hard to start

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
I will get some datalogs, I just don't know how to post them
Is there a way of checking that sensor other than unpluging it and looking for change?
if I remember correctly the AC compressor is turned off at low speed/rpm when turning, the idle is not bumped up.

I would clean all the battery, engine and chassis grounds just to eliminate that as a common cause.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts