Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Never posted or been on here before, and hopefully doing this right. I am trying to figure out the wheel and tire combination that I want to use. I am thinking Torque Thrust II at least 17, but what width? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. My 1996 is totally stock just in case you needed to know.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
20" for me

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have any pics of the car with the wheels? Where did you get them, all of the local guys tell me I need spacers and I am leary. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help you guys, and to think I have owned the car for several years and never joined. Again thanks for the help, but would still like to see a pic or two.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
This is what I want on my car, I'm going with 18x9 or 9.5 love the look of those wheels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was however considering polished C5 Corvette wheels but can't find a pic. I can pick up a set of wheels for less than $400. At which point I will need spacers and even bigger tires! If anyone out there has pics of C5 wheels on one of these cars it would be great. Thanks as always.

·
Registered
423 Posts

20X8.5 in front with 255/35's and 20X10 in the back with 295/30's. Hotchkis springs.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm interested in the specs on those too..It has a real stock muscle car look of today that I really like.how is the the upkeep on them as far as cleaning?

·
Registered
423 Posts
What back spacing did you go with? Looks real nice!
Good question. I dont know :) I imagine stock backspacing but dont know for sure because I bought them from a forum member quite a while ago and he is no longer on here.

Heres another picture:

I wish the fronts were a little wider as they seem to be sunk into wheel well more than I like.

As far as cleaning them, Once a year I polish them with mothers/powerball and use a soft brush when I wash the car.

I usually have them on during the summer months otherwise the stockers are on.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
I have 18x8 in front, and 18x10 in the rear. 4.25" BS front, and 5.5" BS rear.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
What are some wheels that look just likr TTII or similar that would fit on a 04 Avalanche...have to be 22"s though. cwm1

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
20x8.5's 255/35/20's & 20x10 295/30/20's on Sprint springs.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts