Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you Torque Thrust II owners out there!

Word of WARNING

The 17x9.5 TT II's (5.5" backspacing) will not, N-O-T fit over the GT2 Porsche Front brakes. They ALSO do not fit over the rear twin turbo Porsche Brakes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wish you'd asked first, I coulda told you that and saved you some grief :D

Out here, Dave Valentin (with Porsche brakes and TT2s for his street tires/wheels) got the fronts to fit by having 1/2" spacers (obviously, only use quality hub-centric pieces) made up. If you go this route, be sure you also have longer wheel studs installed if necessary.

On the rears, I'd guess you'll need closer to 1" spacer.....at that point you're probably better off having it made a bit longer and as an adapter (would be a lot stronger), then get some custom offset wheels for it.

BTW, those wheels have the same problem with the TCE Wilwood brakes as well (and about the same clearance or lack thereof). Otherwise, I'd have some TT2s right now :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ed,

Check the sig, I was just going to swap them over from teh Wagon for a show this weeked. I knew it may be tight and only had one wheel off each car, so I didn't waste TOO much time. Anyway, I took the oportunity to clean the SS wheel well real good and figure out a way to display the SS with the front wheel off and show off those amazing brakes!

You're right it's a shame, those wheels look AWESOME on SS's! Later ...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AWWWWW that is a shame, I just won the lotto and i have 10,000 to spend on my wheel/tire/brake combo Damn ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, winning the lotto! Whatta way to mod :D

You CAN still do it (i.e. like Dave Valentin here did), just it'll take a bit of extra work. A good pair of spacers for the front is gonna run you $200-300 or so.

For STOCK rear brakes, the TT2s (either 17x9.5" with 5.5" backspacing OR 17x11" with custom backspacing) fit just fine. For the Porsche Rear brakes, it can be made to work but will take some bigger adapters (probably 1" or so) and once again, custom offsets on the wheels.

So, for Porsche Brakes on all 4 corners (approx $5500 or so), TT2s all around in custom offsets on the rears ($1300 or so for 17x9.5" front and 17x11" rear), $500-600 in spacers/adapters, and about $1K worth of rubber you can do it. AND have some of that $10K left over for other mods :D

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.