Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Thats going to take alot of money or work to get it back to normal again, sad to say but probaly not worth it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
keep it!

good luck!

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Is that an oops, or did someone hit you? If it is covered by insurance, get it fixed.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Is that an oops, or did someone hit you? If it is covered by insurance, get it fixed.
Yah, what Fred and WOLF- say. You haven't offered very much background in your original post, so right now it does not appear a very complex decision to make.

A. If it's your fault (and you have Comprehensive coverage) then the decision is yours whether to "KEEP IT or WHAT".

B.If someone reared you then the decision is yours whether to "KEEP IT or WHAT".

Basically, it's your car. In the event of B. above, it's not the other insured's insurance company's.

Mine was reared like that. I worked through -->MY<-- insurance. They reported back it was totaled. I told them they did not have my permission to do that at their offered settlement. They declined to settle for KBB and NADA value.

So, I informed them, "Ok, just make the car exactly as it was before the accident. Replaced frame, and all quality parts to the standards of my rather persnickety bodyman.

BTW, you didn't mention anything about being hurt. Good deal.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
"and you have Comprehensive coverage"

"Collison coverage" is what you mean. Comprehensive is for fire, theft, vandalism, etc.

·
Registered
524 Posts
"and you have Comprehensive coverage"

"Collison coverage" is what you mean. Comprehensive is for fire, theft, vandalism, etc.
you are correct sir

·
Registered
524 Posts
That is not a bad hit.
It is repairable
what do the rear frame rails look like...

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
you are correct sir
+2. Sort of.

But, I recall always hearing the two in conjunction with each other as though they're subsets of everything not falling under Liability.

My basic point is knowing what we know so far there's no reason not to fix the car if fixing the car is what is ultimately desired.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im fine actually i have a full suspension , full exhaust, and the interior is brand new factory but they offerd me 10,415 to let them take it if i keep it 8,715

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Depending on quite a few other things that could either be a really good offer, or it could really suck.

Was that your insurance's offer, or the other insured's company?

What do KBB and NADA think?

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Ouch. So you WERE hurt after all. Hey, just call it my 'Show Me' cynicizm, but you don't supposed she's using the ploy to claim she has no insurance just to see which fish will bite. Maybe a little crying thrown in too? Just sayin.'

Taking that ingeniousness even further, even if the LEO tickets her, she could later send in proof of coverage for dismissal and still owe you nothing.

I guess of course YOUR insurance would know to follow up with her plate no. for the truth. Never mind.

The only parting thought with 'total with buyback' is sometimes a real moneymaker, but adds a lot of stigma for downstream sale.

So now the question to you is, Keep it, or what?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lmao..... i just got a call from my insurance company they a going to give me 9000 and im going to keep my car..plus i have alot of brand new parts in my garage like a ram air hood, raiss cold air intake, lt4 kit , F1 supercharger and a stoker kit its going to be a hell of a project car :D not to mention a lsx454 motor

1 - 18 of 18 Posts