Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody see the newest Toyota Highlander commercial that portrays the Roadmaster wagon as a nerdy car that kids would be embarrassed to ride in? They can kiss my ass on that one:mad:.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
Uhh... I have news for you. A Roadmaster Wagon with Woodgrain, is a family car from yester years. I'm proud that Toyota feels they have a product far distant from it. Just goes to prove how much a yuppie soccer mom spaceship it is. and by space ship, I mean the driver is a space cadet. Meaning they are not mentally with us right now. ;)

With that said, I'm still looking for one. The more I think about it, I really do want with wood.

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Man, that really makes me want to go put a 125 shot on my wagon.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
seen that tonight, makes me want a wagon even more, & a highlander even less :)

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Didn't see it yet, but I do agree with the one about the Dodge Caravan.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Toyota Su[c]ks, So Dont Worry Bout It Too Much

My Mom used to haul us all around the planet in a wagon just like this here, I bet Toyota would rip this one too.

·
Super Moderator
6,004 Posts
Funny to note that the high tech, modern Highlander gets the same (or worse, depending on model) mileage as that old Roadmaster. They should be embarrassed.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Funny to note that the high tech, modern Highlander gets the same (or worse, depending on model) mileage as that old Roadmaster. They should be embarrassed.
I've been saying that for years. Only i think all manufacturers should be embarrassed at the mileage that they are saying is great now when they have been getting that kinda mileage for like 20yrs.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
F toyota and the slow boat they floated in on!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Damn!!!!!! Imagine the look on a Toyota die hard in a Roadmaster if the UAW glued the pedal to the floor.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
I posted about laughing at two Prius drivers in the other thread. I failed to note that was before I knew of the commercial and while my initial reaction was to have a genuine laugh, I kinda felt bad afterwards.

AFTER the commercial, no shame at all. I've always been at least somewhat disgusted by Jap cars. Especially when I'd see a WWII vet driving one... NOW? **** 'em.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think we should send Toyota pictures of all are cool wagons along with a top 10 list why there better than the Highlander.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
AFTER the commercial, no shame at all. I've always been at least somewhat disgusted by Jap cars. Especially when I'd see a WWII vet driving one... NOW? **** 'em.
well maybe that WWII vet earned the right to drive what they wanted to, dumbass.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
I've always been at least somewhat disgusted by Jap cars. Especially when I'd see a WWII vet driving one... NOW? **** 'em.
Have you ever seen Asian cars with the huge American flag sticker on them? Every time I see that, which is frequently, I just have to speed up and look at the driver while I wonder, your car is not American! Nor is the model even built in the usa yet you have the proud american flag on your asian car! You have to be stupid! I just had to see what stupid looks like. (Yes I know some Foreign cars models are assembled in the USA.) Americans just seem to hate America these days. Another thing that drives me nuts is when someone bitches that a car is built in Canada. So what! Their is nothing wrong with Canada. At least they have some industry left. Mexico on the other hand.. Geesh!

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
well maybe that WWII vet earned the right to drive what they wanted to, dumbass.
Or maybe that vet bough the propaganda. What do you think? Or do you think?

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Im a vet, (not WWII :D) and i own a impala as well as a wagon. I would be hard to buy an import. BUT....... I believe Toyota has more parts assembled and made in the USA than any other manufacturer witch is sad. -Josh

·
Registered
986 Posts
Say, did the rear pass window go all the way down in that commercial?? Tell me about that mod.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
Im a vet, (not WWII :D) and i own a impala as well as a wagon. I would be hard to buy an import. BUT....... I believe Toyota has more parts assembled and made in the USA than any other manufacturer witch is sad. -Josh

I Used to deal with alot of yota parts, Your wrong on the more parts being made in the USA. They are mostly Japan- Mexico, some parts were china, some were USA. Those were mostly electronic or radio parts. Parts sourcing for toyota is just about equal with any other car manufacture.

Assembly? They built the camry, Tacoma, And the Tundra/ Sequioa here. Maybe their are a few more models here. I heard they were sending tacoma production back to asia. They were assembled in california, Same with some corolla's. All these vehicles made in the USA used to extremely fall apart. It was bad!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts