Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My traction control has been real sensative lately, if I hit a little pump in the road the traction control kicks on.Has anybody had this problem?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
p is not near b on the keyboard, so what are you describing in the road?

BTW, lots of torque we got, so it don't take much for the rr to lift around a right curve and make my TC kick in for a split sec. Royal PITA

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i solved that problem quick i shut it off unless its wet out snowing

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TC is even worse in wet weather for me. It makes it so the car will literally not even move if I give it any gas at all. It just cuts the throttle off.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a PCM tune on it? Maybe the timing retard when TC is engaged is too aggressive.

My factory settings are "Traction Control = OFF" in the switch table, as the ASR does much of the work.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I noticed my t/c was really kicking in after I instaled my rear swaybar. I guess it lifts the rear wheel a bit more.

Do you have the same size tires all around? Check all your tire pressures too... I don't know if it wil help much but is the pcm is seeing a different wheel speed, it could be causing your problem...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by RamAirRocket:
Is there a PCM tune on it? Maybe the timing retard when TC is engaged is too aggressive.

My factory settings are "Traction Control = OFF" in the switch table, as the ASR does much of the work.
YOU CAN PROGRAM TRACTION CONTROL OUT?

I thought you couldn't do this. If you can, that's awesome. I just wish I woulda known before I got my tune. Oh well, I'll have to retune when I get my gears anyway.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine would do this. if it was wet out, I would top out at 55mph unless I turned it off. same size tires all around. one of the rears had more tread(wonder why), but even before this, it was a bitch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts