Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anyone who knows which manufacturer delivered the trailer hitches for the wagons that came with the optional trailer package? OR, could anyone recommend an aftermarket trailer hitch that doesn't show too much under the rear bumper, ie something that looks nice. Regards.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive got the heaviest trailer hitch I could find under my 1992 RMW, and immediately started having problems scraping the hitch. So I ended up with Police interceptor springs in back which are taller and stiffer.

What I want to do is get a rear rollpan with a license plate mold, and convert it into an opening for the trailer hitch, which would have to be custon fabbed to replace the rear bumper beam, and sit up higher.

D.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a Draw-Tite hitch I purchased for $150. It tucks up nice, doesn't stick out, and has a removable reciever (ball and shaft).

U-Haul also makes a decent hitch. Just have to remove the pesky orange and silver sticker. ;)

By the way... I miss Norway! I have family in Stavanger and Oslo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, is it only the 2" square receiver end that shows underneath the rear bumper? Or does all of the crossbar show? We had a nice and sunny day in Oslo today, just above freezing with 3" of snow that came last night!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.