Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '96 Caprice 5.7L and I want to put stock Impala springs on it and extended trailing arms, which trailing arms should I go with(Metco, Hotkins, BMR, etc)? Will they all work fine on the Caprice? Do I need an extended driveshaft? Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i hear a lot of people are running BMR's. the 3/4" ones. They are cheaper than the rest.

Some people don't need a new driveshaft but some people don't. I guess it depends on how well your driveshaft is balanced? :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A new shaft to go with this mod has nothing to do with balance but with the fact that you are pulling the shaft out 1/2-3/4" which leaves less engagement with the output shaft on the tranny. Either Metco or Hotchkis is only 1/2" so you can reuse the stocker but with the others that are 3/4" it really is a bad idea to reuse it. Plus you are stretching the center brake line near it's limit.

As far as working on a Caprice an Impala IS A CAPRICE with a trim package nothing more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.