Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, when in OD and doin between 40-47, if im off the gas and then give it a little gas, it seems to shift into a higher gear for a couple seconds, and then down shift into the proper gear for acceleration....i noticed this yesterday, what could this be??Happen to anybody else??

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No Its normal... Your just feelin the TCC lock up kick in. I think once you go over 40mph and your light on the throttle the Torque converter lock up will kick in. If you let the gas pedal go all the way it releases the TCC. Thus feeling like another gear is kicking in after reapplying throttle. You really feel it when you have a higher stall converter...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eddie,

It is also extremely noticeable with exhaust, I never realized how many times the torque converter locks up.

I also discovered turning on the cruise control will cause it to unlock then relock. The best way to get pass this is to apply LIGHT throttle while engaging the cruise control, these keeps the torque converter locked. This week im on a quest to see what kind of mileage I can get being light on the gas, no idling, conservative speeds.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh man, i should try the whole, seeing what id do for mileage being light on the gas thing. last week, i avergeaged 13.5 mpg, but i romp on it, everywhere.. oh well, i have fun..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts