Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something I've wondered about. I noticed in the topic about looking for a new wagon a mention about the tranny cooler and towing package. (Didn't want to hijack that one).

Was it a seperate option? My car didn't have the towing package and it came with 2:56's but it has the tranny cooler. Just curious.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mine doesn't have towing package either. It also doesn't have the external air cooled cooler either. It uses the 2 coolers in the radiator and it doesn't have the engine cooler lines. I can't even find that set-up in my FSM as being available. Car came from Florida so I guess it's OK. Has anyone else seen this on their wagon's? Oh yeah, I almost forgot this too. My wagon came with the dual electric fans too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tim, I have a customer with a 96 RMW that is the same.
2.56, two electric fans, no engine cooler, both rad tank coolers used for the trans.
Factory piping, no bojacking.
I will dig through the parts book tonight

SSWAGON,
In 94-96 the tow package came with, among other things, a mech fan on the right and a 240 watt electric on the left.
V08 is the code if memory serves.
Gerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how would you know if you have the towing package?

As noted, by using the code and checking your codes on the inside of the tailgate wold be the easiest.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Tim's wag:

Mine doesn't have towing package either. It also doesn't have the external air cooled cooler either. It uses the 2 coolers in the radiator and it doesn't have the engine cooler lines. I can't even find that set-up in my FSM as being available. Car came from Florida so I guess it's OK. Has anyone else seen this on their wagon's? Oh yeah, I almost forgot this too. My wagon came with the dual electric fans too.
Tim, my '95 DGGM wagon is like that, too! I hadn't seen it before, but I guess I didn't notice it on yours. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Me three! No oil cooler... both tanks for trans fluid, no external cooler. 95 Caprice/2.56/with dual elec. fans.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good!! Now I don't feel like the odd ball in the group. All I'd seen before was the wagon's with the towing pkg. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I beg to differ! I went to the Hot Rod Power Tour stop in Indy yesterday and there was a bunch of wagoneer's. I saw a '58 or '59 Chevy wagon that was just kinda slapped togethter. It was the coolest!!!! Now I gotta get me one of those.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think there are 3 cooling options.

AFAIK all tow package cars got the mechanical fan, oil cooler, external trans cooler, and perhaps a heavy radiator. Also includes 2.93 gears and limited slip rear end. Autolevel ride may have also been standard.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by rweatherford:
AFAIK all tow package cars got the mechanical fan, oil cooler, external trans cooler, and perhaps a heavy radiator. Also includes 2.93 gears and limited slip rear end. Autolevel ride may have also been standard.
I have the tow package and have all of the above except for the LSD (posi).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let's see..

The wife drives a '94 Cappy with 192K, V92, no G80, and no ELC. Never had a hitch installed...

The tugboat, my '94 Roady wagon has 183K and is loaded to the gills with 2.93, G80, G67, V08, blah, blah..

My '95 Cappy has 2.56, G67, and no external tranny cooler. Just the lines making their way through the radiator. NO oil cooler.

Sounds like the bell was tolling in 1995 for the wagons.

No matter, they're all great cars, and I wouldn't give them up for anything else on the road.

Scott

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.