Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,625 Posts
No, no impact at all. Dipstick is referenced to the top of the transmission, not the bottom. It's fine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Its not the fluid level that I am concerned about. That can be adjusted accordingly by simply adding more fluid since the pan will now be lower. What I was alluding to was the distance from the bottom of the filter where the fluid is picked up vs. the bottom of the pan. Similar to an engine oil pick up and how there is a recommended distance between the bottom of the pick up and the bottom of the oil pan, I was wondering if the same holds true for the transmission filter and pan.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Is the pan from a 700R4 interchangeable with a 4L60E? When I look up the gasket part number, it references both transmissions so I am assuming that both pans are interchangeable.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Is the fluid exhaust a small hole in the case on the passenger side of where the there is a cutout in the gasket to accommodate it?

·
Super Moderator
8,625 Posts
Yes, that's it. As long as the gasket doesn't block it and there's room for fluid to exhaust back into the pan, it's ok.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So if it's blocked, the worst thing that can happen is that the tranny won't shift into 4th gear?

·
Registered
7,011 Posts
I would not assume that is the extent of the consequences....

Reactions: Marky Dissod
41 - 51 of 51 Posts