Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did the tranny lines on my imp and i used this fiiting (555-110551 from jegs) and put it in my radiator. It worked for about 4 weeks and all of a sudden started leaking today. My question is are the threads the same? The fitting i took out was junk so i just put this part number in there to see if it was the same. It seemed the same when i was putting it in. it didnt seam to be crossthreading or anything it went in nice and smooth and i snugged it up. since the leak i put a bit of teflon tape on the fitting and it temporarily sealed it. Any input on the situation i need to fix this even if it means new radiator.

·
Registered
346 Posts
if someone could post the correct fitting for reference.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I got pretty much the same problem. I just installed a brand new radiator and I got a small leak coming from the connections/fittings.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I recently did the tranny lines on my imp and i used this fiiting (555-110551 from jegs) and put it in my radiator. It worked for about 4 weeks and all of a sudden started leaking today. My question is are the threads the same? The fitting i took out was junk so i just put this part number in there to see if it was the same. It seemed the same when i was putting it in. it didnt seam to be crossthreading or anything it went in nice and smooth and i snugged it up. since the leak i put a bit of teflon tape on the fitting and it temporarily sealed it. Any input on the situation i need to fix this even if it means new radiator.
the radiator takes a 5/8" inverted flare fittings not AN fittings and never use teflon tape on inverted flare fittings.
if you want to use braided hose with AN fittings use these in the radiator http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/640380/10002/-1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts