Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started having this problem about a year ago. My tranny started shifting crazy at cruising speed, it would go into 3rd and i would be at around 45 and as soon as i went under that speed it would dowshift and rev high?...then the tranny started slipping. So i changed the whole tranny and TC. The car has been running fine for over a year. Now its starting to do the shift thing again?Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
.......OK when did you really join the forum (I know it wasn't 2008)?
He's been around since at LEAST 2005 ;) .

KW

·
Registered
262 Posts
Jesse, how's that Callaway comin' along?

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
OK when did you really join the forum (I know it wasn't 2008)?
He's been around since at LEAST 2005 ;)
Yep. Been reading the forum since at least early 2002. Probably before then. Got my 9C1 in June of 1999. Didn't take long before the mod bug bit and the search for info began. Finally joined in 2008 so I could see a photo attached to a thread. So yes, I got to enjoy those bizarre troll threads. Besides Rockford's current nom de plume (liftedCapriceon26), anyone remember any other nerve-racking trolls?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Off topic, but I remember one guy in particular...

Yep. Been reading the forum since at least early 2002. Probably before then. Got my 9C1 in June of 1999. Didn't take long before the mod bug bit and the search for info began. Finally joined in 2008 so I could see a photo attached to a thread. So yes, I got to enjoy those bizarre troll threads. Besides Rockford's current nom de plume (liftedCapriceon26), anyone remember any other nerve-racking trolls?
I remember the Impaladude troll, all he ever did was start threads asking if our cars were faster than other popular cars, and then he would go to their forum and do the same, trying to get forum wars started.

He got more negative responses than positive from all sides, mostly due to people seeing through his baiting technique.

He must have been run over by a Bbody or had a bad experience with one, IIRC he is the guy who founded the Impala SS hater site after he was banned.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I remember the Impaladude...He must have been run over by a Bbody...
Ha! Certainly deserved to be after the fact.

Don, I see you're concerned about being off topic. Can we get a ruling on threadjacking a troll thread?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ha! Certainly deserved to be after the fact.

Don, I see you're concerned about being off topic. Can we get a ruling on threadjacking a troll thread?
lol!

I guess to keep it hijacked and at the same time still somewhat relevant , My 95 yukon W/4L60e will do what the thread title describes, I can induce it by barely pulling the shifter down from OD, but not fully into D (it doesn't do it constantly, I only noticed it one day that I didn't get it fully into OD).

I assume it has something to do with that pressure control manifold in the trans, or whatever its name is (I don't know all that much about transmissions).

It lives on still, but It has over 120K on it. I can really feel the PWM pulsing if I get it under 50mph in OD.

·
ISSF Honey Badger
27,205 Posts
Ms Jackson

ElviSS

Iron SS

Creepinonu (sp)

Bewb Zowt

The list goes on and on...

This should move this to MISK where we can party like it's 1999

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Ms Jackson

ElviSS

Iron SS

Creepinonu (sp)

Bewb Zowt

The list goes on and on...

This should move this to MISK where we can party like it's 1999
Bewber lumped in with that motley crew? (Mötley Crüe...excellent!) That's just cold...let's party!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't been on this forum that long..but yea i picked up that callaway dirt cheap (1200$) and in the process of bringing her back to life instead of parting her out....but the tranny is driving me nuts on my daily driver, at cruising speed this thing is kickin down like i am trying to pass someone then when i hit the gas it changes gears and rpm drops..

i am gonna hit the bodyshop and snap some pics of the restoration and post them when i get a chance.

·
Registered
731 Posts
So, you decided to come back again.

Since you've decided to stick with this story, you will have to provide some authentic pics, and some solid evidence that you actually OWN it, and are not just claiming to. (Like a pic of the car with a hand-written paper with "jessecool's Callaway" on it, laying on the hood).

Screenshots of OPP won't cut it this time..

I haven't been on this forum that long..but yea i picked up that callaway dirt cheap (1200$) and in the process of bringing her back to life instead of parting her out....
i am gonna hit the bodyshop and snap some pics of the restoration and post them when i get a chance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts