Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever have a problem with the trans cooler leaking out the core? i got 3 little streams that shot right into the the condenser and radiator and went everywhere after that. it makes a nice smoke show down the highway! i have @ 97,000 miles, is this common? i replaced it with a B&M trans cooler, it is twice the height and half the thickness of stock but the same width. does anyone now the stock trans cooler GVW rating? thanks, later

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did you get the B&M for flare fittings or did you get the one that just uses hose barbs and clamps? I'm curious 'cause my stock cooler is twisted from them hitting something and at first it was a slow leak but it is now gradually getting worse. I was looking into the B&M with the pipe fittings and was wondering if the ends on the car would screw right in or are adapters needed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i used the kit with the barbs for hoses. i just cut the lines in front. i used the brackets they supplied and used all the stock bottom mountings but had to drill one on the left and the right one went to where the hood latch is at. it took about an hour. it wasn't hard. i got the one with 19,000 GVW.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The B&M race coolers have a different sized fitting than the stock cooler.

Do a search as I've explained it before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.