Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay last night driving to Santa Rosa, she was driving fine then all of a sudden my RPMs climbed to 3500 at 65-70 mph. Its like over drive is not there. It shifts fine around town, just no overdrive BUT the other weird part is that if i take my foot off the gas at any speed, the RPMS drop to idle, no engine deceleration. Is my trans done?
I cleared the check engine light and it instantly came back. I drove the car home to Hayward from Santa Rosa, other than no overdrive and high RPMs the trans still pulls like it did when she was new.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no code reader, dont want to drive her with trans working the way it is, to get the computer read

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My EMI fuse is fine

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Maybe a problem with the torque converter lockup? Either tune related or physical problem. Did it just start out of the blue, or did you do any recent mod (gears, tune, whatever)? A scan would definitely go a long ways to diagnosing this. Get Freescan if you have a laptop and cable.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
it came right out of the blue. no warning, no indication and nothing to do with my mods as they have been on the car for around 9 years. Freescan wont work for my car.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay I cant find anything on my problem. whats this sensor in the trans, where can I buy it and for how much?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i drove her around the block yesterday. Looks like first is missing as well and fourth. So it might be that ShiftA solenoid issue. So Im gonna order the solenoids, install and see what happens

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
well i drove her around the block yesterday. Looks like first is missing as well and fourth. So it might be that ShiftA solenoid issue. So Im gonna order the solenoids, install and see what happens

Checker or oreily's carries them in stock for 18 bucks

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
found a set of AC Delco replacements online, gonna order them for 20 bucks for two

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.