Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the transmission cooler lines from transmission to front of car. When I removed mine they were twisted up pretty bad at transmission.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Has anyone replaced the transmission cooler lines from transmission to front of car. When I removed mine they were twisted up pretty bad at transmission.
You can use AN fittings and hose to replace. I'll have to dig around for the links here on the forum. Most keep the hard line sections near the radiator and just use tube to AN adapters.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Make your own new ones with steel 3/8" brake line from Napa.
Bolt trans to engine before you drop it into the car to get the bends right.

Nab

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Like Nab mentioned, you could just fab up your own metal lines and do it cheaper too. I have seen the stock metal lines for sale up on eBay from time to time.

The rubber portions of these and the oil cooler lines typically will leak/seep fluid after a short while. A lot of members have switched to an ALL AN option from Trans to cooler(s) or some have just replaced the rubber portion in a variety of ways.

The last time I did this I put this thread together and should walk you thru the process or at least give you some ideas. I believe I also linked Bustabill's all AN thread as well.

https://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/5-drivetrain/1248554-stickied-4doors-trans-cooler-line-conversion.html

Edit - HAMILTON-Chevy has both lines (GM) for sale up on eBay right now. Here is 1 of them....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Caprice-Trans-Cooler-Line-1994-96-OEM-4-3-Liter-10269711-Obsolete-NOS-Impala-SS/372308589579?hash=item56af523c0b:g:1LwAAOSwrY9a~cP2

As for actual replacement...it's pretty straightforward to do with the difficult part getting to the fittings on the Trans case. Removing the crossmember and "carefully" lowering the Trans (keep eye on firewall wires/hoses and don't pinch/crush them) should give you a little more access to the fittings.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all your help guys, went with Hamilton cheyv for the oem lines just have to remove the temp sensor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts