Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Tri-Y Cut Outs "pre-production" sale.

1246 Views 53 Replies 0 Participants Last post by  stumpy
G
As posted by Dan in the Exhaust section here.

We have not moved forward with them. We spent time and money on the Quad-1 cut-outs and I sold two sets. I'm not really ready to spend more time and money on fixtures again. If one of you guys want to organize a "Sale", I hate the term "GP or Group Purchase", then feel free. If you can get 5 people to pre-pay then I'll get it done. Expect to pay $165.00 retail per set with gaskets, nuts, bolts and block-off plates. Get the 5 people and I'll knock $15.00 off.
Anyone in?

Mav
21 - 40 of 54 Posts
G
I just talked to Dan.

I'm in.

Pat
G
That makes 4!

Come on, there has to be at least one more Tri-Y owner that wants some cut outs!
G
Ok guys,
I received a call today to confirm 5 sets.

Total delivered will be $160.00 for brand new.
We have a couple used sets of hook-up pipes we can work into cut-outs. For those of you wishing to trade your standard hook-up pipes in, the trade in cost will be $60.00 plus return of original hook-ups.
Anyone who has their hook-up pipes not installed, please ship back with a check for $60.00 asap. We will start working on the cut-outs tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me the flange thickness of the Electric cut-out? We will try to make an extension tip and allow for the thickness of the flange. Also, I assume the TRI-Y owners will be ordering 2 1/2" electric cut-outs?

Let me know.
G
Dan, I'll try and find out the thickness of the flange on the electric cut outs.

Do you want payment before they are made, or after?
G
And yea, I will be getting the 2.5" electric cut outs, I assume the others that decide to use them will go with that size too.
G
Good to hear Dan. I would like provisions to bolt up the DMH electric cutouts too. Please let us know when payment will need to be made.

Later,
Mav
G
I just measured mine for you. On the DMH e-cutouts, the aluminum flange thickness is 0.500". You may be able to notice in the photos that the "through holes" in the flange are actual radial slots so that you can adjust the flange onto the 3 cutout attachment bolts where the e-cutout clears everything.

The slots are countersunk an additional 0.200" into the flange. DMH provides some specially made "shoulder nuts" - a thick 9/16 nut that has a 0.200" long shoulder turned on it to reach down into the countersink of the flange so that you get more thread engagement on the bolts.

I finally hope to get mine installed, with the turndowns, by this weekend. Good purchase, guys. You'll like these pieces. I bought the 3" ones to go with the 3" collector on the Quad-1s, but I think that the 2.5" one is the ticket for the Tri-Ys. Good luck.

Terry
See less See more
G
Thanks Terry!

I just got an e-mail from DMH with the measurements, but thanks for posting them earlier.
G
Hey Dan,
Add my name to the list of people buying the cutouts for the Tri-Ys.
TIA, Jay
Jay Johnson
ISSCA #104
Board of Directors
Region 6

Jay Johnson 96 Impala SS (ours)
96 Buick Roadmaster Wagon (mine)
96 Buick Roadmaster Wagon (hers)
See less See more
G
i probably wont be ordering electric cutouts but if you want to work the provisions in anyway, i don't care. as long as they don't interfere with anything i'm not gonna complain. let me know when yo uwant the money. WOO HOO!! open headers!
See less See more
G
Ok guys,
patterns are complete, fixtures are complete. We are starting production tomorrow for those of you who have sent payment.

Also, we were able to use a 3" pipe as the dump from the 2 1/2" hook-up pipe. So the 3-bolt flat flange is 3". The electric cut-outs shoul db e 3" to bolt to them. Using the 3" size will allow better flow when open and I have plenty of block-off plates in-stock.

If you are going with the electric cut-outs you can subtract $5.00 from the $155.00 intro price. Add $12.00 shipping.

Here are the payment options:
http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/Contact.htm
G
Dan, you'll be hearing from me soon, I have alot of other stuff I want to order from you too, I just have to go deposit some checks in the bank first.
G
Sounds good John.

Thanks again.
G
Dan, sent you an email. You got any pictures for us? :D

Hope everyone has paid up now.

Mav
G
YO DAN!!!!!!!!

You out there? I can't seem to get ahold of you on the email. Or, maybe you just don't check it on the weekends? :D

Mav
G
Mav- I don't think he checks it on weekends, cause I sent him one, and I'm still waiting for a reply, we both should hear from him today.
G
Mav,
5 have paid including you. Thanks to all for following through.

Here's a picture for you guys in the mean-time:
http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/Products/Exhaust/P1010013.JPG
G
Originally posted by DEVIL.DOG:
Mav,
5 have paid including you. Thanks to all for following through.

Here's a picture for you guys in the mean-time:
http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/Products/Exhaust/P1010013.JPG
Looks good Dan!

For all the other folks, I'm getting O2 bungs and caps put in mine.
Wideband tuning here I come.

Mav
See less See more
21 - 40 of 54 Posts