Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do I dare ask if there is any interest? :)

We are back to building our products in batches of 10. It allows us to concentrate on one thing and to keep the costs of production down. This in turn will allow us to give you guys a better price.

I'd like to see at least 10 people interested. EDIT: Since there is so much interest in the GEN II TRI-Y headers, I am making this a combination. This will be for the original TRI-Y header design and the GEN II's.
5 saves everyone $50.00 off retail.
10 saves everyone $100.00 off retail.
15 saves everyone $150.00 off retail.

I can't do any better than that unless we can do a batch of 25 plus. In which case you all save $200.00 off retail.

Let me know everyone.

Here's a picture of the passenger side header:
http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/Products/Exhaust/Passenger TRI-Y.jpg

Here's a picture of the drivers side header:
http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/Products/Exhaust/Driver TRI-Y.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
How about a group purchase for thr Gen II tri-y's? From your website, they are a superior header with better performance.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Nope.
Ask me how I know.
Troy,

How do you like your quad 1's?

I have a RAISS, 2.5" exhaust with X-pipe, 3.73's, and a yank 3200. With a Herter Tune.

My standard 1/4" dial is a 14.64, which I feel is a bit weak. I'm #1 in points in my bracket race club so I don't want to touch the car until after Labor day.

I'm just looking for high 13's so I'm not the slowest car in our group. An F-body that runs 14.12's

what primary size do you have?

·
Registered
564 Posts
i'd def be in pending final tally...hitting that 25 order number would be Sahweet!!!

...a man can dream can't he

·
Registered
166 Posts
What's the difference between original TRI-Y's and Gen II's? Fitment?

·
Registered
59 Posts
i"m interested

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Troy,

How do you like your quad 1's?

I have a RAISS, 2.5" exhaust with X-pipe, 3.73's, and a yank 3200. With a Herter Tune.

My standard 1/4" dial is a 14.64, which I feel is a bit weak. I'm #1 in points in my bracket race club so I don't want to touch the car until after Labor day.

I'm just looking for high 13's so I'm not the slowest car in our group. An F-body that runs 14.12's

what primary size do you have?
Love them. They work great on a bolt on car. Either header will work great on a stock engine, I think that the Quads work better, as long as you are not doing a 20- 110 all in 3rd gear. They build great torque, great hp, etc. With a bolt on car in CA, I was down to 13.4's, running 13.6's almost all the time. But I think I would have been in that range with Tri-Y's.
Tri-Y's are easier to change the plugs.
I have the 1-5/8's right now. I would like to get the 1-3/4's, but cant seem to wrap my mind around dropping that cash again.

·
Ultimate Impala Guru!
5,481 Posts
I don't quite follow this, could you explain? MPH?

Is it possible to have too much header?
Yeah, he means running from "low" to "high" speed all in one gear.

For what I use the car for (occasional street, occasional autocross) I feel the Tri-Y is the better choice due to midrange torque. Most runs are done in 2nd gear, from approx 25-65 MPH. This is also why I've left 3.73s (with the T56) in it...lets the car run at the top of 2nd instead of a bunch of 2-3-2-3-2 shifting like would happen with 4.56s (shifts = you are NOT accelerating). I'd say my autocross results at the last National Impala SS event (St Louis, 2008...summary = a second faster than ANY other Impala SS out there, including ones with a helluva lot more motor than my bolt-on car...and in fun runs afterwards I managed to knock ANOTHER 1+ seconds off my winning time) say that I'm doing at least something right ;)

Been very happy with the Tri-Ys. First Gen set bought back in 2000, re-coated once in 2007 (for asthetic reasons, they were NOT rusting thru but the coating just wasn't "bling shiny" anymore). Would definitely get them again!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I'm in for a set if it breaks 25 orders, and I can get them by Sept. 25th.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, for the sake of helping me keep track, please copy and paste while adding your name. If we break the 10 point, just add another number with your name.

Difference between the originals and the GEN II's is pretty much everything.
GEN II's have longer primary tubes, closer to equal length secondary tubes.
8 less welds than the originals which equals smoother flow and stronger construction.
More symetric look once installed.
Hook-up pipes have one less bend and a better fit to the cat-back exhaust.

Here's a pic of the Originals with hi-flow converters from Random tech:
http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/Pictures/TRI-Y 3032 package.jpg

Here's a pic of the GEN II's with our own hi-flow converters:
http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/Products/Exhaust/P2030065.JPG

We may do a GP on the GEN II's but at a later date.

As for having 25 sets built, coated, shipped and delivered by Sept 25th would be virtually impossible. That's roughly 175 hours of fab time, not including the time to drop off/pick-up for ceramic, wrap, pack, etc. Besides, let's see if we hit 10 first. :)

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
444 Posts
OK, for the sake of helping me keep track, please copy and paste while adding your name. If we break the 10 point, just add another number with your name.

1.Texas SS

8 less welds than the originals which equals smoother flow and stronger construction.

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/Pictures/TRI-Y 3032 package.jpg

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/Products/Exhaust/P2030065.JPG

As for having 25 sets built, coated, shipped and delivered by Sept 25th would be virtually impossible. That's roughly 175 hours of fab time, not including the time to drop off/pick-up for ceramic, wrap, pack, etc. Besides, let's see if we hit 10 first. :)

Thanks guys.

Alright everyone come on.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
fellas, any money off the tri-y is GREAT!!!!!! i have the gen-2's and i felt so much more power. i could REALLY tell the difference. $hit, they are worth it at full price, lol. great products Dan.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Originally Posted by Clear Image Auto (Dan)

1.Texas SS
2.bad2365

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/...%20package.jpg

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/...t/P2030065.JPG

Thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts