Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds stupid i know... but for some reason, my door panel bottom carpet and rear deck carpet has almost reached a "shag carpet" stage. All the other caprice's I've seen have a real nice thin almost trimmed looking carpet, how would I accomplish this? I think the carpet just napped out after all the brushing n cleaning and what not.

· Registered
509 Posts
Sounds stupid i know... but for some reason, my door panel bottom carpet and rear deck carpet has almost reached a "shag carpet" stage. All the other caprice's I've seen have a real nice thin almost trimmed looking carpet, how would I accomplish this? I think the carpet just napped out after all the brushing n cleaning and what not.
Not sure. I would ask my wife for you, but she obviously doesn't know anything about trimming carpet either....:(

· Registered
4,090 Posts
Not sure. I would ask my wife for you, but she obviously doesn't know anything about trimming carpet either....:(
This isnt the Misc. Still funny though.

As for the original posters carpet question. I have never seen it come undone on the doors before. I guess I wouldn't cut it if it was me. Post up some pics or replace it with new stuff.

· Registered
509 Posts
Are you looking to replace the carpet? Where in N CA are you, I have a set of black door panel carpet inserts boxed up in the garage. You can't have them, but if you want to trace the pattern, let me know. As far as trimming goes, best idea I can come up with is maybe a beard trimmer, or one of those trimmers they have for sweaters and the like?

· Registered
615 Posts
As far as trimming goes, best idea I can come up with is maybe a beard trimmer, or one of those trimmers they have for sweaters and the like?
If your talking bout trimming all the wild carpet strands sticking up and want the carpet to have that "all smoove and level" look.. what maesstro said worked for me.. I used clippers with the guard on my rear deck before painting, lint eater would work too

· Premium Member
6,395 Posts
It's actually a pretty common problem and most people have used trimmers, as suggested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.