Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past when I would start my 95 9c1 the engine light would come on immediately. Changed the coolant temp sensor/switch and that solved the prob. But.....after driving a bit the light comes back on. Although I changed the parts listed above I do not trust my temp gauge because sometimes it reads hot at first start up. Reservoir does have the smallest leak on earth. Water pump doesn't leak or make weird sounds but to the touch it is ABSOLUTELY THE HOTTEST part under my hood........just need some feedback other than my own.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
If the reservoir has a leak in it, it could be causing air to get in the system and the system isn't bled entirely of air causing hot spots and possibilty of causing the gauge to read way off. IIRC there are two ECT sensors one in the head for the temp gauge and one in the water pump for the PCM. What is the code that you are throwing?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's the problem. The harness for the obd1 is not workin. Even worse is now I think I am back to sqaure 1.....up at the mechanic shop and the car won't start. Mechanic chkd everthing for me and it could b distributor AGAIN. He even hooked up a NOID LITE to one of the injector harness and NO GOOD. So maybe distributor or computer

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
AS always check the fuses first, this is the cheapest thing to do. Check ignition fuse in the black box under the hood, could have blown. With the key on he should be able to scan the codes, tell me what they are and I can look them up for you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those were good. Well I went ahead and let the shop tear it down and my cap and rotor are extremely corroded, so is the harness...entire distributor is only about 3 months old. How could this happen

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea it was the distributor for sure. Hose was some how disconnected. I will soon somehow troubleshoot the issue with the OBD1 not functioning. I desperately need that at my disposal.

·
Registered
849 Posts
How recently have you replaced your opti harness? If that is corroded or have broken wires, then it will not receive/transmit any electrical signals to your opti. Cheap insurance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts