Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was getting my gears changed to 3.42s, an Eaton posi put in and doing all the axle bearings, I wanted to upgrade to the T/A differential cover. I thought that it would be easier to modify for a differential oil cooler. Anyway, it was supposed to fit with the new Hotchkis rear sway bar. And it did. But with my lowered rear, the cover touched the gas tank shield, so no go.
Oh well.
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Known issue, I know a guy south of me ran into the same thing. Don't feel you are out anything though the stock rear really doesn'r need much beffing up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zugdud i'm working on a deal ;) to get my rear cover done.cheap ;) .maybe if i get it worked out can get your done. also since you live in racine.i'm out by union grove.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks dude but I already sold my old TA cover and went back to a stock one, when I lowered the rear end i think it was actually hitting so i just pulled it off.

Hey you going to Great Lakes Dragaway opening weekend? From I heard, its open test and tune all week and you just need to pay the spectator fee to race for free :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
going april 10 that when my and buddies are going. same deal.let us get or battling wagon ready chevy vs ford.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.