Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 Impala has NOTHING for trunk carpet. Do these have ANY side panels in them or does the carpet just lay in there? Will the trunk carpet out of a caprice that is the same color, will it work? What should the color in the Impala trunk be, grey?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My 96 Impala has NOTHING for trunk carpet. Do these have ANY side panels in them or does the carpet just lay in there? Will the trunk carpet out of a caprice that is the same color, will it work? What should the color in the Impala trunk be, grey?

Does the Impala trunk carpet have Impala eblems in it?

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
It is gilded in gold, smells of cinnamon and is ribbed for your pleasure...or it is exactly like that found in a Caprice with no side panels or anything, but grey in color.

You chooose.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is gilded in gold, smells of cinnamon and is ribbed for your pleasure...or it is exactly like that found in a Caprice with no side panels or anything, but grey in color.

You chooose.

Ribbed for my pleasure. Ha ha ha ha. good one! So it is like the those in caprices, no cardboard side panels or floor panel, just material! I drove a 94 9c1 for 8 years, it never had carpet so I had no clue how this beast was carpeted.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
yep go to the junkyard and grab one out of a caprice for like 10 bucks

·
Registered
897 Posts
I spent $15 on some black carpet and another $40 on vinyl, wood, and staples and did this with my otherwise bare trunk. I believe the size of the carpet was 5' wide x 6' and was enough to run up the rear side by the taillights and tuck the edge in under the weatherseal. I used 1/2" mdf for the side panels and hinge covers and used 1/4" ply for the under rear deck panel. Just make cardboard templates of everything first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts