Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why is it, whenever it rains and i get something out of my trunk, it's wet!?!? the carpet and everything, my subs are always dry, but my carpet an everything touching the carpet is just as damp as can be, matter fact the bottom of my sub box is molded! what is going on? i want to recarpet it to match the interior but i'm not going to waste my money if the trunk is leaking. HELP!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do you have a Impy, or a 9C1? My 9C1 has many many holes in the truck. I guess the PD ran wires for different equipment. I just filled mine in with silicone.

Good Luck :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a trunck seal SHYHEIM103 if you are interested. If so make an offer, if not my 9c1 also has holes in the bottom but that would be hard to get water to come in from the bottom.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have a caprice, and nope NO HOLES! it's a civi... i'm going to get my trunk sealed in about a week, but this sealing is for my system (can't have that trunk rattling) do you think that will prevent the water from getting in? or better yet, will it mess the dynamat up!?!?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine's a civie too and the trunk was leaking right above the right hand taillight unit, next to the trunk stopper.

To find the leak, I took the whole carpet out, and found some telltale drops/ water trails after the next rainshower.
It's much easier to spot where it's coming in when the carpet isn't soaking it all up, I learned that the hard way

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could always take the carpet out and shoot around the car with a hose too...of have someone climb inside, close the trunk and shine the light...Most friends prefer the water trick tho. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks! i'll try the friend in the trunk thing, AND the hose thing the friend in the trunk seems so much easier! ;) but i think i just might have to go with the hose thing. thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.