Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the plastic clip around my trunk light housing broke, and now it wont stay in place. I tried taping it with some heavy gauge tape but eventually it just comes off.

Anyone have a part number for this plastic housing or know where I can find one, or have an alternate solution?

Thanks!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I would try some JB weld or plastic weld you can get at advanced auto for 6 dollars. Let is sit for 48 hrs though after the repair and make sure you sand the surfaces rough before you aplly to epoxy

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
The plastic lens is probably no longer available, but there are a lot of them in the junk yards. If you can not find one, I may be able to. I am not sure what they will charge me in the yard. My best guess is $13 shipped.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...

I would try the weld if I had the other part of the fastener to weld. When it broke the other piece went flying somewhere of course cwm3

Fred, let me know if you find one for me and ill be more than happy to pay you for it plus whatever you deem a reasonable finders fee!

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
I just want to verify which trunk light we are referring to. Is it the license plate light or the one that is located under the package shelf?

·
Registered
11,288 Posts
I have a complete one with the wiring harness and light for $25 shipped.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am also looking for a shelf light housing/cover. I can not find it anywhere. Any info would be much appreciated!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts