Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for a kit that can automatically open my trunk with me hitting a swith on a remote.. any of you TEXAS dudes know of a good kit, since i know its mainly a texas thing to have a talking trunk lol :D

·
Registered
661 Posts
You'll need linear actuators. 10 inch I believe. However, with the actuators it'll be slow, I've used electric window motors and rails before, goes up and down with speed, but break easily. Actuators themselves are about, $100-150 a piece. Some people use one, some go with 2

Squatted94, What's an avg price for one of your kits?

·
Registered
661 Posts
MonstaMayne, what kind of car did you get the motor and rails from? I got mine off a Lincoln TC, it broke that same day LOL,

Wolf always has some hatin' @$$ $hit to say, nobody pays him mind any more lmao

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Wolf always has some hatin' @$$ to say, nobody pays him mind any more lmao
naaaa i aint hating i am just speaking the truth...anyways enjoy

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
MonstaMayne, what kind of car did you get the motor and rails from? I got mine off a Lincoln TC, it broke that same day LOL,
Lincoln window regulators dont even last for what they are made for lol,fairly poor design. I always have to change them out on my marquiscwm5

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the actuators move reaaaaaaal slow. i went ahead and did the power windows/rails way...and i never had any problems with mine.

YouTube- Pop Trunk on 89 Box Caprice

thats clean as fkuc. where you got the switch to open and close that ho. im just sick of walking to my car after class and having to sit in the car to open the trunk, i rather have a switch on my alarm fob and click it and viola my sh1t is open..

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^^ im looking for something like that

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
They look better moving slow IMO. And windows motors will not last as long as actuators when tryin to slide on the freeway with it cocked up.

·
Registered
339 Posts

Wolf always has some hatin' @$$ to say, nobody pays him mind any more lmao

i asked the dude who put it in..he said the best ones to use are from newer model cadillacs

1 - 20 of 38 Posts