Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 impala and my truck is messing up some days ill go out and hit the trunk release button and the trunk will pop open but if I go back out an hour later then it wont work has anyone had this problem please help

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
check the wire that runs along the DS trunk hinge for breaks and also swap the center relay in box under dash with one of the others to see if relay is bad. I just replaced the center relay to solve my issue....but also had the wire break a while ago and it caused no open.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do u mean the fuse box on the ds door cuz in side in the list of. Circuit breakers means read pwr wdo per seat and rr defg in that order

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay before I could even do Wat u told me I pushed the button and the trunk vopened and I played with it and it worked but I know ill go out later and an it wont work my trunk is on some possessed **** lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
Verify the electrical is good but it could simply be the actuator has had it. I have replaced two in local members car in the last year.
On had died completely and one sounded like the same issue you are having.

Once you have the trunk open unbolt the release actuator (leaving the wire connected). Actuate with your remote and look at the actuator cycle. In both cases the ones I replaced either did not work or were very erratic - especially on the return stroke.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Duh-----------------

I recently replaced my ignition switch after being stranded about 12 miles from home, and then the trunk release woudn't work. :confused:
Checked the wiring, relays, fuses, switches, etc, no joy. :mad:
I then (finally) got out the owner's manual and read about the remote release. Ah-Ha!! The car has to be in park for the trunk release to work either from the button in the glove box or the remote. ;)
Apparently, that pesky gremlin that helps me work on my car (when I find the sucker, I'm gonna skin him) "adjusted" the switch on the base of the column that keeps it from starting in gear and turns on the back up lights.
The car didn't know it was in park!!
After I readjusted it, the back up lights work and the trunk release works.
Success!!
Y'all might try adjusting the switch, called the neutral safety switch, to see if that helps your issues with the trunk release.
Ya know, I looked under the seats, in the trunk, in the glove box aand never did find that dadgum gremlin but I'm sure he's still in the car somewwhere. cwm3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts