Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a few of these posts, but still haven't found the answer to my situation. My trunk release does not work via the FOB or the interior button. My remote locks work fine. I've checked for a fuse (can't find one on drivers-side panel). I checked the relay under the dash behind brake pedal. Switched them around (3 of them) they all work. I've checked the wiring in the trunk running along the right side hinge and it looks fine. When I hit the remote, there's no power going to the connectors on the release mechanism (checked it). I took the release off the hinge and put power to it - it works fine. I put it back on the trunk and I applied 12V at the connector along the hinge and it works fine. I can hear the module between the speakers on the trunk deck clicking when I hit the remote - as if it is working properly. Stumped!! Thanks for any replies! Oh- BTW - I thought about trying to look at the module under the rear deck, but couldn't figure out how to get to it - and stopped short of pulling the back seat out.

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
. I've checked the wiring in the trunk running along the right side hinge and it looks fine. QUOTE]

...it would be on DS hinge. check that wire VERY well...did all the steps & had all the symptoms as you....was the black wire that had a break in it mid way on the hinge under convoluted plastic tubing

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the wires. They are extremely clean. There's a connector near the trunk lid hinge on right side. I put power to the two leads going to the release and presto - it works fine. I hook up voltmeter to the two leads coming from the harness that I believe connects to the remote receiver mounted under the rear window deck. Push trunk release and no volt change. I can hear the receiver "click" each time I press the release. So I suppose there's a disconnect somewhere between the receiver and this connector. The wires going back up into the receiver are bundled with a bunch of other wires, up above the spare tire. They really look quite clean and untouched. Anyway - if someone can please tell me how to get to the remote receiver underneath the rear window deck, that might help me ID the problem. Please?! Thanks! cwm3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts