Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Trying To Beef Up My '95 Impala SS (GOD's Car). I Have A .500/intake .510/exhaust roller cam, 2800 stall, 1.6 rockers, K&N air filter, high volume oil pump, NGK plugs, MSD wires, EGR block plate (no emissions to worry about), rebuilt trans with shift kit, flowmasters with 3" pipes, and Hedman Headers. When breaking the motor down it was extremely clean, no gunk or anything. I'm not trying to be track ready, just gain some respect with a 4300+ pound car. Are there any other simple/cheap tricks that can be done. I expecting to be done by Wednesday so I can post some pics of me messing with some other cars.LOL!!! Also could you leave your honest opinion on my setup and what the car might or should do. Thanks to all you big-body drivers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
since the modern grinds are all pretty close(lift per duration), you seem to be so close to the Comp 503 cam as to make no real difference. With its 224/230 duration (again, assuming yours is similar) you are going to need a heathy set of gears to get into the powerband, even with your stall. You are going to want to install at least 3.42's and probably 3.73's to get into the powerband quicker. With stock gears, I would guess very low 14's @ 99 or so. With deeper gears, probably in the mid 13's @ 103+

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.